Thursday, September 9, 2010

School Supplies. Glue Gun. Wall Decor?

Saw a fun wall art idea in a Pottery Barn Kids magazine recently so Kari and I decided to give it a try for their kid room.  It was fun, inexpensive, and made with love....


Couldn't help but grab a fun DOF shot.  Craft: In progress.


Wasn't sure how to get the colored pencils lined up correctly one by one, so I came up with the idea to glue the backs of them together and then flip them over as one group.  It worked.  For the most part.  =)


Here's Kari, working on the button piece...


The final product!  I think they turned out really well!  Colored pencils, Buttons, and Crayons!  Super appropriate for a kid's room!  BTW...awesome shadow box frames from IKEA.  


On a different note, tonight is my last night here so I started packing...realized that I bought a lot of stuff while here...LOL.


And yes, I managed to get everything into my suitcase, even that big obnoxious wooden photo prop that I bought on clearance at Homegoods.  HA!  I will probably be fined by Allegiant Air for being over the 50 pound limit but, oh well, it was on *clearance*!  ;)

4 comments:

  1. Look at you chasing those 'good deals'. Starting to sound like someone I know. Sweet art work. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea girl! A definite potential for my future playroom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love this idea--classy and kid-friendly! Can't wait to have a need for such an idea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love Love the shadow box idea! I'm desperate for ideas for the boys rooms! Might have to steal that one:)

    ReplyDelete